Welcome to SW Florida Healthy Eating in Venice and Port Charlotte Florida! We have two groups. Both calendars can be accessed here.
Get connected, make new friends, attend local events, access resources and share the knowledge.
Follow Amy https://begreenwithamy.com/ for healthy recipes, valuable information and insights on the whole food, plant based lifestyle.
Check out our BeGreenWithAmy YouTube Channel for recipe demos and more! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9O_ApC72YwpXU8F3-DGGBg
Port Charlotte Meetup https://www.meetup.com/Charlotte-County-Plant-Based-Foodies/
Venice Meetup https://www.meetup.com/Venice-Whole-Foods-Plant-Based-Diet-Meetup/
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/365542047163322/
Presentation & Healthy Pot Luck DinnerDecember 24, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Please bring Enough Food for 25 attendees.
• Plant-based/vegan dish (NO animal ingredients), with no oil, salt or refined sugar for 30 to taste.
For those not sure what to bring, here are some suggestions:
Fresh fruit or raw vegetable tray - no commercial dip.
If you’re still unsure, just contact us or find recipes on BeGreenWithAmy (https://begreenwithamy.com/recipes/) or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9O_ApC72YwpXU8F3-DGGBg !
• At least one copy of the recipe to display next to your dish. Everyone deserves to know what is in their food.
• Serving spoon, etc.
We will also be having another raffle to help offset costs associated with this Meetup. Raffle proceeds support this Meetup. Thank you.
• Your favorite prepared meal or desert.
• At least one copy of the recipe to display next to your dish.
• Serving spoon, etc.
A donation of $5 - $10 is graciously accepted to help offset the costs associated with the rental of The Blue Lotus Buddhist Meditation Center which is a not-for-profit organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All are welcome.
We are following a whole food, plant based lifestyle which means we do not eat:
• meat ie: beef, chicken, pork, fish, etc.
• dairy ie: milk, cheese, yogurt, cream, ice cream, etc.
• eggs (even cage free)
• processed foods
We also avoid:
• Added sugar (you may sweeten with dates, raisins or other dried fruit)
• Added salt (even Pink Himalayan salt)
• Added oil (even Olive, Coconut and Flax oil)
• Processed, artificial sugar substitutes
Displaying your recipe will help members distinguish which dish aligns with their diet style.
Even if you have never prepared food in this manner, we do want you to attend.
• You will have a wonderful opportunity to taste a variety of dishes.
• You may even find a great recipe!
• You may either message me for a simple recipe or a suggestion of something to purchase from the grocery store which is already prepared.
• We are all here to learn from each other.
6:00 pm - 6:15 pm
Meet and Greet
6:15 pm - 6:30 pm
Presentation: Amy of Be Green With Amy will do a recipe demo of a whole food, plant based, sos free dish!
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Eat pot luck dinner and socialize
• Raffle Prize Drawing for great prizes! Raffle proceeds supports our group.
We will have dining tables in the room at this Meetup.
Seating will be limited.