Welcome to The Veggie Table, a local group in Minneapolis , MN.

We are an inclusive group who accepts all people where ever they are on their whole food plant based diet journey.

Get connected, make new friends, attend local events, access resources and share the knowledge!

In order to join/post in this group you need to be logged in or registered.

Find out if a restaurant in your area is participating in the PlantPure Communities Restaurant Campaign: http://plantpurecommunities.org/restaurant-certificate-map

June Meeting: Potluck – Picnic?

10 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  Carol Lowry 2 months, 4 weeks ago
  • Author

Carol Lowry
    Participant
    @kimber1202

Sunday, June 3
    Time: TBD, depending on your input
    Goals: Potluck
    Location options: Picnic at Wabun Park at Minnehaha Park with an indoor location option in case of rain.
    – Picnic – Yes
    – Picnic – No

Carol Lowry
    Participant
    @kimber1202

Heather Farrier = Yes
    Coreen Walker = Sounds lovely!

Marilyn Bader
    Participant
    @AuntieM

Picnic and potluck sound wonderful! Now to decide which dish to bring! (So sorry I missed last Sunday’s meeting—-last minute family thing came up.)

Steve Thompson
    Participant
    @sjt5164

Janet and I can make it!

Nancy Bergren
    Participant
    @Bergie

Picnic yes! Sounds great!

Carol Lowry
    Participant
    @kimber1202

See the map to the park here: Wabun Park-Minnehaha Park Map
    We’ll find a picnic table location and put up balloons so you can identify our group. The cost to rent a pavillion is $60-75, and since we don’t have funds to pay for this, we’ll just have to wing it and hope it works out!

David C
    Participant
    @David2018

I would enjoy this and hope it works out. I have been in the area for about 22 years but am new to the group, so, am looking forward to meeting more plant based folks; See you there!
    David

April Wilson
    Participant
    @awilson

Picnic Yes

Christopher Harvey
    Participant
    @ChristopherHarV

This sounds nice, so long as we remain productive in planning how we’re going to get active in making our community a more plant-based one.
    I’m not much of a group-chef so I won’t bring any dish. But I won’t bring an appetite either 🙂
    I’m more concerned with getting active than sharing recipes amongst each other. So long as recipe’s and dishes don’t distract us from our real goals, then there’s absolutely nothing wrong with sharing these things.
    Also, I vote for earlier in the day, around noon.

Carol Lowry
    Participant
    @kimber1202

Hi Chris:
    Thanks for your comments! Regarding meeting format, of those who have responded the majority would like to alternate social and educational meetings. So for now, we’ll go with this format. As the group evolves, things may change so don’t lose your desire to get and be active!

Regarding meeting time, the majority prefer 1:00, and many are available for the 4:30 option. I’ve reserved Uptown Plumbing and Heating (UPH) from August – Feb. to secure a location for us with the option to cancel if we find something else that better meets our needs. Unfortunately that site is only available until 4pm on Sundays, so meetings at UPH will be at 1:00. I ask that everyone be flexible until we get our meeting cadence figured out, and check this site periodically for updates.

I’ll be closing both forum topics regarding meetings later tonight (5/20), as was mentioned in a previous post. So to anyone who hasn’t voted yet, please get your votes in!

Looking forward to continuing these conversations as time goes on!

Ciao (or Chow?)!
    Carol

Carol Lowry
    Participant
    @kimber1202

Votes are in! We will have a potluck on June 3, 1:00 – 2:30 at Wabun Park, which is a picnic area of Minnehaha Park. See you there!
    – Set up at 12:45
    – Start at 1:00
    – End at 2:15 to clean up
    – Done by 2:30

The topic ‘June Meeting: Potluck – Picnic?’ is closed to new replies.